Good health leads the list of all life concerns as was clearly evidenced by the COVID-19 pandemic of 2020 (still in progress as this blog is being written). It’s the kind of event that gives you pause to wonder if you are taking all the right precautions, or just enough to squeak by?
Pandemics come and go, but viruses and other causes of upper respiratory ailments are ever-present. With that in mind, here are some ways to help prevent illness.
- To help keep your indoor air free of bacteria, dust, mold spores, viruses, and other contaminants, clean or replace your heating and cooling system filters about every four weeks.
- Keep your home ventilated by cracking your windows open for at least half an hour each day. And, if you have ceiling fans, use them for the purpose they were intended. During the winter, for example, run a fan in reverse to help improve air circulations while bringing warm air down to the center of the room.
- Take care of yourself. Wash your hands, get plenty of rest, stay active, and hydrate frequently. Also, take off your shoes at the entryway to help keep bacteria and other pollutants stuck to the soles of your shoes from working their way any further indoors.
- As they say, you are what you eat. So, nourish your body from the inside out with immunity boosting foods like dark leafy greens, fish, lean protein, garlic, mushrooms, and yogurt. If you do start feeling under the weather, stay away from processed food and dairy.
- Drink plenty of water and consider purchasing a whole-house or under-sink water filter to improve water quality for personal consumption, cooking, and cleaning.
Here’s one more tip for cold and flu prevention – among numerous others – from Anthony’s Plumbing, Heating & Air. By installing an air filtration system inside your air ducts, we can rid your home of 99%+ of airborne bacteria and numerous other pollutants. We also install whole-house and under-sink water filters, fix leaky pipes to stop the spread of mold and mildew, and more. Contact us today for a free new system proposal.