New Jersey is no stranger to hot, humid weather during the summer months, which makes having a properly functioning A/C system more of a necessity than a luxury. And in order to ensure steady and reliable service day and night, annual preventive maintenance is a must.
Yet, a surprisingly large number of homeowners fail to check this important to-do off their list, putting themselves at risk for preventable breakdowns, costly repairs, and premature system failure.
To help you avoid all that and more, we recommend having your cooling system serviced once a year by a licensed and experienced technician.
When Is the Best Time of the Year for A/C Maintenance?
The ideal time to service your A/C system is before the first use of the cooling season, usually early-to-mid spring. Scheduling A/C maintenance early on not only saves you money and time, it reduces your risk of dealing with a broken down air conditioner during a heatwave when HVAC technicians are at their busiest. Plus, scheduling that appointment now means you can pick a day and time that’s most convenient for you.
Do I Really Need Annual A/C Service?
Homeowners often wonder if an annual A/C system inspection and tune-up is really necessary. After all, everything worked just fine last summer…surely that’ll be the case this year, right? It certainly may be, just like skipping your annual physical or going without routine car care may be fine. Then again, the reason that preventive maintenance or care is so important is because it helps identify problems early on before they become serious issues. Your central A/C system is no different. An air conditioning unit that is not serviced on routinely is more likely to break down more often, costs more money to operate, and is more likely to fail prematurely. An annual inspection and tune helps prevent that while:
- Improving indoor air quality
- Improving your indoor comfort
- Increasing energy efficiency
- Reducing energy bills
- Extending equipment lifespan
- Protecting your investment
- And more!
What Does Annual A/C Service Include?
Here is just some of what you can expect an HVAC technician to perform during a pre-season A/C inspection and tune-up:
- Visually inspect the heating and cooling units
- Inspect outdoor unit for dirt and debris
- Assess the fan and check for damage to motor and blades
- Replace air filter to maintain proper airflow and indoor air quality
- Inspect ductwork
- Examine the condensate drain for clogs or obstructions
- Inspect electrical connections
- Clean the evaporator coil for efficient operation and system longevity
- Inspect refrigerant levels
- Inspect and adjust the thermostat as needed
- Lubricate moving parts to reduce resistance and conserve energy
- Inspect and clean the blower to maintain proper airflow, and more.
Don’t wait until the dog days of summer arrive. Contact Anthony’s today to schedule your pre-season inspection and tune-up and enjoy steady, dependable A/C system performance all season long.